1. Go shopping and while you are half undressed in the dressing room, look at yourself and say I LOVE YOU! Do NOT criticize your body.
2. Buy yourself flowers.
3. Use your favorite lotion every day (even if it’s the expensive one). Feel luxurious daily!
4. Paint your nails or toes & have a mini at-home spa night.
5. Wear an outfit that makes you feel AMAZING — think tight jeans and a flowy top OR a nice new dress. Skip the yoga pants for a day.
6. Sign up for The Ahimsa Project!
7. Order a coffee or tea from a place that does latte art and ask for a heart or another fun design!
8. Replace one snack or meal with a green smoothie.
9. Walk a dog or snuggle a kitty cat. If you don’t have your own, borrow someone’s or go visit a rescue and volunteer for the afternoon.
10. Write your own self-love manifesto. Start with: “If I were alone for an entire day I would ___________.” The following words shall NOT be: catching up on laundry or running errands.
11. Meet a girlfriend for lunch or tea. Laugh until you’re crying. Work is so much more fun afterwards.
12. Make plans for a week or so ahead of time. It gives you something to look forward to.
13. Download “Random Gratitude” the app and start recording your daily gratitude!
14. Fund a kickstarter campaign. Seriously…. sometimes helping others help YOU. Plus they usually have some kick-ass prizes.
15. Treat yourself to: a home cleaning, a laundry service, a dog walker, a massage, a pedicure or a private yoga class pack. TRUST ME it’s worth it!
16. Watch this TED talk. Feel good. Feel inspired.
17. Listen to this song.
18. Wear a good pair of shoes. Fashionable and practical (if you stand all day). Shoes can make ALL the difference in an outfit.
19. Stand up tall.
20. Practice yoga. Either physically in a studio, quietly in mind or silently in meditation.
WHAT???!!! Not wear yoga pants for an entire day???!!!! LOL JK! I sometimes feel that way when I DO wear jeans…like it’s a special day or something!
Thanks for inspiring me
Haha — It is SOOOO hard for me to not be in yoga pants (because I use them as leggings) — but I do have a handful of colored jeans that I try to integrate. 🙂
You are so welcome Auset. Thanks for always playing along. xo
LOVE! This list is great. I will bookmark it for future fun-spiration.
I am going to lunch with a girlfriend today and plan to laugh til I cry. 🙂
Thanks so much Krista! I love it — lunch with a friend is one of my favorites. Today includes “free hair color” from my favorite hairdresser as a birthday gift!!! 🙂 And maybe some tea of course. Hope you’re having a wonderful day.
totally love it! sign up for the Ahimsa project today 🙂
Thanks Yasmine!! 🙂
Love the fact that I have recently used many of these (recently) to successfully move from blasé to Oh lala!
One thing you’ve reminded me about is “laughing till you cry”. I can’t remember the last time that happened but I know just the person… My Mums the go to girl for that, thanks for the reminder to call my Ma x
How sweet that your mom makes you laugh until you cry 🙂
I love ‘blase to Oh Lala!!!’ how much fun is that!!! 🙂 Thanks so much for commenting. I’m glad you have enjoyed some of these self-love techniques recently. Love your blog Theressa!!
Amazing ideas! It is easy to get caught up in showing love for others that we forget that our glass needs to be filled. These are wonderful suggestions, I am going to commit to doing at least one of the things on the list daily. Thank you!
I love that–our glass does need to be full as well in order to help others. It’s so true that we lack in self-love & self-care and then hl others. We drain ourselves and ultimately better serve others when we are healthy and satisfied as well. Thank you for commenting–and have FUN with these tips!! 🙂
Beautiful reminder! I looked for the random gratitude app and was not able to find it. I have an android phone. Is it an iphone app?
It is an iPhone app! My apologies. I would do a simple search for the word gratitude as I’m sure there is a free one on the android phones as well!! Let me know if you need any hints or if you find a really great one I could share. Thanks for commenting and stopping by!