Living your truth can be the most divine & scariest thing you’ve ever done. You can trust me: I just quit my job and I write and teach all day long. Granted it was a slew of circumstances that afforded me the opportunity to take a leap (including the fact that we still don’t know where our future will be)… but I am beyond grateful and equally terrified. Here’s a list of 7 ways to live your truth:
1) Allow yourself to be UN cool. That’s right, un-cool. I recently watched a clip of Brene Brown with Oprah and she was talking about how the ‘cool’ thing to do now is NOT care and to act super tough. Give yourself permission to act un-cool. When you’re exciting about an upcoming launch of your product: scream & SHOUT & cry!! When you finally finish writing your book or complete your yoga teacher training – leap into the air, drink a glass of wine (or a smoothie) and yell out loud THAT WAS EFFING AWESOME! When you quit your job and finally feel free, give yourself permission to cry for joy and for sadness. Give yourself permission to be un-cool, un-couth and totally JOYOUS.
2) Go backwards. Not in life necessarily, but in passion. We often put down our truth somewhere along the road of life. We work hard and we forget that we used to: dance, photograph, model, write, create and play. Give yourself permission to time travel and re-discover & ignite old passions!
3) Take time off. This may not be the ideal time to quit your job and follow your dreams, but it doesn’t mean you can’t chase the rainbow! Take a day off and do what it is you WANT to do. DO NOT GET SIDE TRACKED AND VACUUM YOUR HOUSE – actually go out into the world and do your thing. For a whole day!
4) Educate yourself. Have you always wanted to blow glass? Become a potter? Learn to code a website? Create rooms for interior design? Begin living the life you want by taking classes at your local community college and discover which passion is meant for YOU!
5) Practice on a friend. If you don’t quite think you have what it takes to put your passion into the universe yet experiment with a friend! Ask them if you can cut their bangs, create a painting for their home, or give them acunpuncture/massage/reiki/private yoga. Whatever your new skill is ask a friend to be your guinea pig. Chances are they will be super excited & might even write a testimonial for you if you want to start your own business!
6) Do something that scares you. Go beyond your comfort zone. Push past the breaking point. You want to live your truth? Sometimes it’s SCARY and big and bold….. and THAT is where you need to be.
7) Breathe. As a yoga teacher this is always my biggest piece of advice. Just breathe. Take it one day at a time. When you’re living your truth you will feel much more connected to yourself and the world around you. Live one day at a time, push your limits, laugh & be bolder than you ever thought you could be!!
You deserve the life you WANT. Get out there, do yoga & make the world SPARKLE!! Begin to live your truth one day at a time and always remember to breathe.
Now it’s YOUR turn. In the comments below tell me how you are living your truth.
Sending you love & light,